According to Zillow’s predictions for the 2018 housing market, 51% of homes currently for sale are in the top one-third of home values. If you are buying or selling a luxury home, a Colorado luxury real estate broker is your key to success.
It may be tempting to save money on real estate commissions by moving forward without the guidance of a professional real estate agent. However, hiring a real estate agent is a smart financial decision. Choosing not to hire a real estate agent could cost you money. You may end up making less on the sale or paying more when you buy. Let a professional real estate agent do the work to maximize your financial gain and protect your interests.
Here are 5 things Colorado luxury real estate brokers do to help you buy or sell a home:
- Research properties – Your real estate agent will research properties in person and online. If you are buying a home, they will search for homes that have the features you desire. They will research homes with the location, price, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, energy-efficient options, or neighborhood amenities that match your wish list. A real estate broker spends about nine hours working behind the scenes for every hour they spend with you. That’s a lot of hours combing the MLS database—hours that you as a buyer may not want to spend. When selling a home, a Colorado luxury real estate broker researches similar properties that are on the market or have sold recently to determine the best price for your listing.
- Market your property – When selling a home, it costs money to market your property. A professional real estate agent specializes in understanding the best ways to market your home.They will work with you to stage your home and hire a photographer to take professional photos and video of your property. They create promotional materials like ads and sales fliers. They may also pay for prominent placement on listing sites. Real estate agents cover the marketing costs with no guarantee of a sale. No deal means no commission to offset the marketing costs for the agent. Real estate agents are motivated to sell your property because they are finically invested in the deal.
- Negotiate the price and sale conditions and write up offers – A Colorado luxury real estate broker will walk you through the contract. Their job is to represent your interests whether you’re buying or selling a home. They’ll help you determine the best price for the property and work on your behalf to negotiate the sale conditions. Every time you make or accept an offer, your real estate agent must ensure the contract reflects the details of the deal. Any changes to the deal mean changes to the contract. A professional real estate agent handles this process on your behalf.
- Quality relationships with other professionals –Buying or selling a home requires working with many different professionals. This may include mortgage brokers to ensure you’re buying a home in the correct price range; appraisers to ensure the home is worth what you’re paying, and inspectors to validate the health and safety of the home.Great real estate agents also have a network of other professionals like electricians, contractors, plumbers, and other trades to work on your home before or after the sale. Hiring a real estate agent gives you access to their trusted professional network.
- Real estate agents sweat the small stuff – Buying or selling a home doesn’t always go smoothly. A quality Colorado luxury real estate broker will help insulate you from unexpected bumps in the road. Plus, you can be confident throughout the process that the details are being managed properly. Remember when you’re working with an agent, they don’t get paid until you buy or sell the home. Find an agent you trust to work on your behalf without only focusing on the commission at the end. A professional real estate agent should have references available.
To learn more about how a Colorado luxury real estate broker can help you through the buying or selling process, download “9 Reasons You Need An Agent to Help You Buy or Sell a Home.”
Redhead Luxury Properties specializes in the Colorado luxury home market. Call today to schedule an appointment to discuss buying or selling your luxury home.