It’s the Thought That Counts!
How often do we hear that? And how can holiday season tips possibly help?
Usually, the phrase “it’s the thought that counts” is offered in the form of an excuse, however, on this occasion, the phrase is rather valid. Read one to discover why…
While of course, I agree it is a little early to be celebrating the holidays, it’s not too soon to give a thought to the preparation.
Being ready in advance can make all the difference and can set you up for a really super holiday season despite the current goings-on with the dreaded pandemic situation.
Holiday Season Tips & Budgeting Ideas
There are a few things we can do now to help make the holidays a little less stressful and a lot more joyous!
Here’s my top five to get you thinking:
- Plan Ahead – Once you’ve mind-dumped on to paper all the things you usually do or have done over the years, cross off anything you can’t do or don’t want to do this year. You’ll be surprised how this can kick-start your to-do list.
- Develop a Budget – Set a spending limit for each person. If your budget is tight talk to extended family about skipping gifts or giving only to the children, or drawing names.
- Shop Ahead – Brainstorm gift ideas for each person on your list. Read it a few times, and you’ll be surprised that when you’re out shopping, you’ll see those gifts on offer.
- Start Decluttering – Mess adds to anxiety build-up, and a lack of focus so get clearing for a more relaxed and peaceful frame of mind. Getting rid of extra stuff will also make space for the new stuff that invariably comes at the holidays. For example, give the fridge and pantry a clean, declutter kids rooms, clean out coatrooms and closets and make space for gifts, wrapping paper, etc., as you buy them.
- Cook/bake Ahead – Are there any dishes or treats you traditionally serve every year? Make them all up now and put them in the freezer or pantry. Loaf cakes, cookies and pies are great for last-minute guests and parties. Another great idea is to put homemade treats together in pretty boxes. They make fantastic gifts!
Early Gift for You
It’s never too early to start planning your holiday gifts. Save time and stress this season when you opt for these creative, customizable gift ideas that can be purchased from the comfort of your own home.
Download your Holiday Cheat Sheet for some gift ideas to make your holiday season go smoothly – guaranteed smiles all round!
Organize Your Gift Giving
The best way to avoid overspending this holiday is to create a spending budget and to start planning.
So here’s my point…
While thinking about the holiday season this early is perhaps a little premature, putting some thought into your gift-giving ahead of time will not only take the stress and worry out of all the drama, but it shows your loved ones just how much you care!
Of course, they will all see fr themselves how much time and pre-planning you’ve done, and at the end of a busy Thanksgiving weekend, they’ll probably pat you appreciatively on the back for a job well-done. (Not that we do it for that reason – of course not!)
Happy holiday planning!
I hope those creative gift ideas and budgeting tips help you have a wonderful holiday season!
All the best,
Are You Thinking of Moving?
If you are in the market to buy or sell a home, let the experts at Redhead Luxury Properties guide you through the dynamic and transitional real estate process.
We offer top-notch customer service and customized experience to meet the needs of our clients.