The decision to buy a luxury home in Colorado offers many benefits including majestic views, great neighborhoods, a quality investment, and modern amenities. However, owning a luxury home also comes with responsibilities. In order to ensure your investment stays solid, you must properly maintain your luxury Colorado home.
The perfect time to think about home maintenance is before the start of the Colorado winter. Take an assessment of your home and prioritize your list of maintenance items and desired updates. Consider your budget and options to finance your home projects. Download this helpful guide for guidance on how to pay for your home renovations.
Luxury Homes Colorado Maintenance Check List
Do not let your luxury home become outdated. One benefit to owning a luxury home is the amenities. This includes the latest technologies, appliances, and furnishings.
- Stay on top of design trends by hiring an interior designer for a consultation.
- Visit new builds in luxury neighborhoods to understand the newest design styles and technologies.
- Update your appliances to match the newest standards like those offered by Viking, Sub-Zero or Gaggenau.
- Make sure lighting is modern and energy efficient by incorporating LED lighting.
- Update your home with the latest smart home technologies that offer security, thermostat control, connection to appliances, and even control of the garage doors.
- Incorporate environmentally friendly elements including the latest green technology like smart windows and reclaimed materials.
Keep Up with Home Repairs
Fall is the perfect time to prepare your home for winter, but you should also maintain your home throughout the year. Do not delay on repairing broken or worn out items.
- Start with changing your furnace filter or scheduling an annual furnace inspection.
- Change the batteries in the smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Schedule a deep clean of your home including washing the windows inside and out, cleaning all appliances and vacuuming behind them, and cleaning the carpets.
- If you have a fireplace, hire a chimney sweep. Cleaning the chimney eliminates creosote buildup that can lead to fire hazards.
- Touch up any damaged paint, chipped tile, or broken window coverings.
Update the Landscape
Do not let the exterior of your luxury home fall into disrepair. Not only do your neighbors expect your home to match the curb appeal of the neighborhood, but also your Home Owners Association likely requires it.
- Check the outside of your house for any needed repairs including the foundation, the roof, the gutters, the window casing, and the soffits.
- Repair or replace any damaged areas to your fencing. You may need to restain a wooden fence.
- Clean porch furniture and store any items that will not be used during the winter like seat cushions and gardening tools.
- Evaluate your exterior paint to determine if it needs to be refreshed or if the color scheme is still modern.
- Schedule an arborist to verify the health of your trees. Replace or treat any problems according to their advice.
- Clean up the landscaping. Remove any dead plants including the fall leaves.
Annual maintenance of your luxury home in Colorado will preserve the value of your investment and allow you to enjoy the benefits of living in the home of your dreams. If you need help understanding how to pay for your home renovations, download this helpful guide.
If you are ready to purchase a luxury home or want to sell your luxury home, contact Cindy Marlowe at Redhead Luxury Properties for a consultation.