Here’s why you need a professional real estate agent to sell your home
I know it’s tempting to try to sell your luxury home by owner in a competitive market like Denver. But selling a house can be a complex and emotional process. A real estate agent offers the expertise, experience and objectivity needed to price and market your home for a successful sale.
For Sale by Owner: What you need to know about selling on your own
If you choose to sell your luxury home by yourself, you’ll need to manage the sales process—from pricing your home to finding a lawyer to help with closing—with no guarantee of a sale at the end. Here are some things you’ll have to do:
- Price your home correctly. You’ll need to do your research to ensure your home is priced competitively in your market. Research shows that pricing your luxury home too high may result in you getting less than you hoped for your home in the end.
- Work with the buyer’s agent. Real estate agents prefer to work with their industry counterparts because they know what to expect. You need to convince them that you’re serious about the sales process and can handle it like a professional.
- Sales and marketing. Do you know what it takes to market your home? It’s more than just keeping it clean and show-ready. You need great photography and advertising materials as well as a way to list your home on MLS in order to make the sale.
- Screen potential buyers. You need to ensure potential buyers are qualified to purchase your home before putting in the effort to sell it to them. There’s nothing more frustrating than having everything in place for a sale and finding out your buyer can’t get a loan.
- Learn to accept criticism. Selling a home can be an emotional experience, especially when you consider the life-changing moments you’ve had while living there. Buyers will be critical of your home while you are showing it in hopes of getting a better price in the deal.
Do you have the time and energy to sell your luxury home on your own?
Why you need a real estate agent to sell your home
A great real estate agent will market your luxury home to potential buyers, price it competitively and stage it to sell it for more. In fact, they’ll do everything they can to sell your home to the right buyer in a timely manner—because it’s their full-time job.
Here are some advantages of using a real estate agent to sell your home:
- They understand the nuances of the local market and can price your luxury home competitively from the start.
- They have professional networks in place to reach a larger pool of potential buyers.
- They know how to use online marketing to target the right buyers and can help prescreen those most likely to purchase your home.
- They will negotiate on your behalf to help you get what you want out of the sale.
- They are unbiased by emotional ties to your home and can provide constructive criticism to stage your home for a quick sale.
- They’ll help you keep your emotions in check when the stress of selling gets to be too much.
Selecting the right agent is the start of a long-term relationship surrounding one of the most important decisions in your life. You need someone you can trust and who is an expert in what they do.
Get your copy of 10 Reasons You Need a Real Estate Pro to Sell Your Home to guide your search for the right agent.
Interested in selling your home? Call Denver Colorado Top Realtor Cindy Marlowe at Redhead Luxury Properties, 303-912-1478.